21st Annual con brio Whistler Music Festival
For Concert & Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Orchestra, Concert & Chamber Choir, Jazz Band & Vocal Jazz Ensemble
registration now open
Welcome to the Con Brio Whistler Music Festival, a three-day NON-COMPETITIVE music festival with a grading option held annually in the beautiful Whistler Village, a 90-minute drive north of Vancouver, BC. For 20 consecutive years, Con Brio Whistler has turned Whistler Village into a giant Band, Orchestra and Choral camp culminating in a massed choir of over 500, a massed string ensemble, and massed bands of over 1,800 instrumentalists. The village provides a safe, walkable environment for all participants. The main centres of activity are the Whistler Conference Centre, the Hilton and Westin Conference Facilities and the Maury Young Arts Centre.
There are five festival categories that operate concurrently within the Con Brio Whistler Music Festival:
- Concert Band: Generally considered to be 26 or more performers in a balanced combination of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments. Smaller ensembles will be considered.
- Concert Choir: Generally considered to be 20 or more voices in balanced parts performing concert/chamber choir repertoire.
- Symphony/String Orchestra: Generally considered to be 26 or more performers in a balanced combination. Smaller Ensembles will be considered
- Jazz/Stage Band*: Generally a maximum of 24 instrumentalists. Larger ensembles will be considered.
- Vocal Jazz*: Generally defined as 12 or more performers.
*offered only in conjunction with registration of a concert band, choir or orchestra
For more information about the Whistler Festival please click here
“The Con Brio Whistler Music Festival is without a doubt one of the finest music festivals of its kind in the world with the emphasis on MUSIC and on the whole student musician that is unique and truly extraordinary. Doug, Sue and everyone associated with Con Brio Festivals make an incalculably positive impact on thousands of young lives each year. Con Brio is a force for all that is good and is an example of what is possible when music education and student welfare is the motivating factor. Your students will leave having had a world-class experience.”
Dr. Mark Walker – Director of Bands, Associate Professor of Music, John M. Long School of Music, Troy University