Every effort is made to provide participants with the best educational experience possible while allowing an appropriate balance of recreational time. The following is an overview of Festival events.
Music Directors are provided with a detailed Festival Schedule, with times and locations of all festival events specific to their ensemble(s), a minimum of one month prior to the Festival.
- Arrival in Whistler
- Hotel Check-In
- Festival Registration
- Student Welcome Event
- Directors Reception
- Adjudicated band, orchestra & choir performances, with written and/or recorded evaluations of two adjudicators plus a conductor’s video with commentary
- 50-minute adjudication workshops
- Scheduled audiences and other listening opportunities
- Evening jazz band & vocal jazz performances, with written and/or recorded evaluation of one adjudicator. Fifty minute adjudication workshops.
- Adjudicated jazz performances with written and/or recorded evaluation of one adjudicator.
- 50-minute adjudication workshops.
- Band & orchestra ensemble master classes led by a different faculty member than the previous day
- Voice master classes
- Massed choir rehearsal
- Directors’ Professional Development clinics
- Massed Strings
- Catholic Mass
- Gala Festival Concert
- Massed Choir
- Massed Bands
“I truly enjoyed the opportunity to interact with such a positive and dedicated faculty and staff. The positive spirit Con Brio creates in an incomparably beautiful environment make this a life-changing event for the musicians in attendance.”
Dr. Paula A. Crider, Prof. Emeritus, University of TexasPast President, The American Bandmasters Association