Every effort is made to provide participants with the best educational experience possible while allowing an appropriate balance of recreational time.
Music Directors are provided with a detailed Festival Schedule, with times and locations of all festival events specific to their ensemble(s), a minimum of one month prior to the Festival. This allows you to plan meals and other activities without concern that your schedule may change.
- Arrival & check in.
- Choral Performances & Workshops
- Woodwinds Choir
- Brass Choir
- Saxophone Choir
- Percussion Clinics
- Evening student social
- Director’s Reception
- Concert band adjudication & workshops
- Jazz band adjudication & workshops
- Voice master classes
- Massed choir rehearsals
- Mass for Catholic students
- Gala Festival Concert. See CONCERT for this year’s line up.
- Massed choirs
- Massed bands
- Directors receive adjudication packages and personalized plaques.
Every aspect of the Sun Peaks Music Festival is based on active learning through participation. Scheduling is meticulously planned so that students in multiple ensembles may participate in all events. Students and teachers alike will leave the Festival enriched with new skills and ideas. The Festival ends at 9:30 a.m. for choirs and 10:30 a.m. and Noon for bands.